Some helpful pointers about using the CENSUS:
- The online CENSUS is based on a print book format, which fact is responsible for some irregularities in the database
- A reminder: only the ‘AUTHORS 19th-21st centuries’ section is currently posted online. Sections to follow: Literary History (including early modern Greek literature, 12th-18th centuries AD); Anthologies; Bibliographical sources
- On the spellings of the Greek literary authors’ names in English see under ‘Transliteration’
- Browsing the Authors menu will lead to all publications by and about each Greek creative author (λογοτέχνης).
- Browsing the People menu will lead to all publications in which each person has been cited with an active role (as author, editor, translator, etc.).
- Browsing yields more accurate results than using the search function for these purposes.
With a few exceptions:
- The CENSUS collection of references does not include the works of Greek literary authors who write directly in English
- Book reviews have not been included
- Children's literature is only marginally represented
- The titles of (poetry) collections are given when discovered; complete collections do not have their individual poems itemized